Elderly Patient Trips Over Telephone Cord, Dies

January 27, 2011
By Ed Fox & Associates on January 27, 2011 10:57 AM |

A St. Clair County nursing home was sued recently after one of its patients tripped over a telephone wire and died, according to a complaint filed in circuit court. Anastasia J. Hubert, was an elderly patient of Cambridge House, was walking down the facility's hallway when she tripped over a telephone wire adjacent to a third floor nurse's station.

The family's nursing home lawsuit alleges that as a result of the fall, Anastasia suffered a spinal fracture of the distal right femur and her health spiraled downhill from there. Things only got worse, alleges David Hubert, who is bringing the complaint on behalf of Anastasia's estate. Anastasia subsequently contracted pneumonia and died.

David Hubert is seeking a judgment to compensate for Anastasia's pain and suffering in the amount of $200,000. Further, he alleges that the telephone cord should have been secured as to protect against this obvious hazard.


The Madison St. Clair Record, Assisted Living Center Sued After Resident Trips on Telephone Wire, Dies, Jan. 19, 2011

Nursing home facilities have a responsibility to protect their residents from hazardous situations and risks. If you or someone you know has suffered while under the care of a nursing home facility, please contact one of our experienced nursing home abuse attorneys today.